Scholarship Awarded to NRV 911 Training Coordinator
Congratulations to Valerie D’Intino (NRV 911 Training Coordinator) on being awarded the NENA Professional Development Scholarship!
In an effort to give back to the members of the Virginia Chapter of NENA, the Executive Board has created the Virginia Chapter of NENA Professional Development Scholarship program. The program was developed to allow eligible applicants to attend any professional development course/seminar of their choice.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria to be awarded the scholarship:
- Applicant has not previously utilized the Professional Development Scholarship Program in the past three calendar years.
- Applicant must be a Virginia Chapter of NENA member in good standing.
- Applicant must be employed on a full-time basis by a public safety agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Executive Board formally awarded the scholarship to Valerie at the Fall APCO/NENA/Interoperability Conference on October 26, 2017, in Roanoke, VA.
The two courses Valerie will take are:
- APCO Communications Training Officer Instructor
- This will help NRV 911 generate more proficient and professional Communications Officers by having properly trained CTOs (Communications Training Officers) who can guide new-hires through the training process. Details of the course can be seen here.
- CALEA Public Safety Communications Accreditation Manager
- This will help NRV 911 achieve CALEA accreditation.